It’s almost two years since we have Firefox OS devices available for masses and here in India it’s almost 5 months since Intex Technologies introduced Intex Cloud Fx. Since its launch Firefox OS gain popularity due to its low cost and better performance than similar range Android devices. Many users upgrade themselves from feature phones or low cost Android Smartphones. We are receiving tons of mails regarding basic functions of Firefox OS User Interface (UI), so here we go. Today we are going to discuss about the most important function of a Smartphone – Setting up the lock screen with passcode.
Currently I have Geeksphone Keon and Intex Cloud FX and on both of them we can set the Passcode. Here are the steps:
Steps to set up Passcode on any Firefox OS Devices:
- Tap on the gear icon present on home screen and open Settings.
- Navigate to Privacy & Security option and tap on Screen Lock facility by scrolling down the list.
- You should now tap on the option of Passcode Lock.
- You will now have to type your 4-digit passcode in both the empty fields and tap on Create to set up the new passcode for Firefox OS phone.
- This beautiful OS also offers you the option to set up the time period after which you want the phone to ask for this passcode just after lock key is pressed. In fact, it will ask for the passcode immediately after pressing the lock key which will require you to enter your passcode every time you unlock it.
Method to Change Passcode on any Firefox OS Devices:
In order to change the current passcode, simply tap on Change passcode and enter the current passcode along with new passcode in the empty fields.
Method to Remove Passcode on any Firefox OS Devices:
If you are not interested in getting passcode every time you unlock the phone, simply slide the knob in front of Passcode Lock to Off section which will remove this option. But to turn off the passcode, you need to enter the existing passcode.
By setting up the Passcode for your phone running on Firefox OS, you will be able to protect your handset from unauthorized access.
Compatibility : It’s available with most of the Firefox OS running Smartphones.